Missing teeth can lower your self-confidence and make you increasingly self-conscious around people. You may avoid doing anything that requires exposing your teeth, such as smiling, laughing, talking or kissing. Because dental implants fit, feel, and function the same as natural teeth, residents of East LA have been searching for East Los Angeles dental implant experts for teeth replacement. And for good reasons.
The placement of dental implants is a specialized branch of dentistry that calls for additional years of education and training. Among the specialists that perform dental implant procedures are periodontists, prosthodontists, and implantologists.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is an artificial or prosthetic tooth root placed into the jawbone to support a replacement tooth, called a crown. It also forms a fixed based for a bridge.
The tooth root which looks like a titanium screw fuses to the bone cells of the jaw over a few months. A connector or abutment is then fastened to hold the prosthetic tooth or crown in place. The crown is usually made of porcelain or zirconium. It takes about two to six months for the jawbone to accept the dental implant after which the permanent crown is placed.
Benefits of Dental Implants
There are several practical and aesthetic advantages of getting an East Los Angeles dental implant expert to replace your damaged or missing teeth. They include the following:
- Dental implants look, feel, and function like your natural teeth
- They are stable and durable and won’t detach and embarrass you
- Implants can be cared for just like your natural teeth
- They are not vulnerable to decay
- Implants won’t interfere with your speech like other prosthetic devices do, e.g., dentures
- They are the only replacement teeth that promote jawbone growth
- No need to modify adjacent teeth to accommodate an implant
- They help restore the natural shape of your face for a more youthful appearance
- You will smile and laugh as before without feeling self-conscious
- Your self-confidence may get a boost!
- Once properly fitted, they can last a lifetime
Am I a Good Candidate for Dental Implant?
This is one of the most frequently asked questions by persons seeking tooth replacement. If you have been searching for an East Los Angeles dental implant expert and match the following criteria, you may be a good candidate for dental implant:
- One or more of your teeth are missing or damaged
- You avoid exposing your teeth or feel self-conscious when you do
- You’re in good health and have healthy gum and tissues
- There is enough jawbone height to support the implant
- You do not have periodontal disease
- You are a non-smoker
- You are willing to go through the process of bone grafting to increase bone height
- You have patience to wait several months for complete healing
- You have reasonable expectations about the implant procedure
Finding an East Los Angeles Dental Implant Specialist
Considering this is a major financial investment, it is important to find an East Los Angeles dental implant specialist that has the right expertise and uses cutting-edge technology.
Dr. Delaram Hanookai of Gage Dental Care is an implantologist with over 20 years of experience in teeth replacement. She performed dental implant procedures for patients who were rejected as good candidates for tooth replacement. Her advanced training and expert skills allow her to perform same-day dental implant procedures using cutting-edge technology. Only a few East Los Angeles dental implant specialists are equipped to perform same-day service.
Call our East Los Angeles office at (323) 773-5029 to schedule a consultation or book one online. During the consultation, Dr. Hanookai will design a treatment plan that will include the right height and size of tooth. Call today. It’s time for you to smile again!